The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller – For a Light Stroll and a Light Spirit
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Tandem Stroller is a very light double stroller. It has 3 reclining positions, two orientation options, and it features all-wheel spring suspension. It is recommended for children starting from the age of six months and up until they grow to 45 lbs.
Main Features of the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller
With the Joovy Caboose’s Stand-On design, the elder brother or sister that occupies the rear position can choose between standing, walking, or sitting. It is a good step in children developing their independence – not the kind that could worry you, but the kind that shows they are slowly growing up.
The passenger riding in front will benefit from three reclining positions and, even if the front seat is reclined at maximum, the older kid can still comfortably stand on the platform in the back. It can also be orientated so that it either faces the front or the back.
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight stroller is shipped with a car seat adapter that will snap with ease into the tray housing. It features a large canopy, with visor extension.
The tires are made of plastic, and spring suspensions are featured on all wheels. This means that a smooth ride is ensured even for the passenger in the rear seat. With its sealed ball bearing wheels (like those on rollerblades), it can also be faster than other strollers.
You always need to have trust in your brakes, whether you are driving a car or handling a stroller. This Joovy stroller is equipped with linked rear brakes so that you can firmly lower its speed when needed and securely park it.
When taking the kids for a stroll, you will usually carry diapers, milk, additional clothes, and other items with you. The large storage bag will allow you to store several items of importance to the kids plus some of your stuff.
Because the sun can be less than gentle in the middle of the day, the Joovy Caboose stroller has been fitted with a large canopy presenting a sun visor. Thus, both children will enjoy the shade when needed.
You probably don’t want the stroller to occupy too much space around the house, hence the Joovy Caboose Ultralight has been built so that it can compactly be folded and stored. Generally, it will fit into the trunk of a car without any problem.
Let’s Sum Up the Advantages
- First of all, the Joovy Ultralight stays true to its name, being very light for a two-person carrier. This aluminum-framed stroller weighs only 21 pounds! This aspect will allow you to easily move it from one place to another, to lift it so that it can be fitted in the trunk of a car and to guide it on the streets with much more ease than in the case of heavier strollers. Although the Joovy Caboose is a tandem stroller, you will be able to guide it through narrow spaces in a facile manner.
- The large storage basket allows you to take whatever you need with you without having to carry them in an extra bag.
- The Caboose stroller includes a neoprene Parent Organizer, for your comfort. This one allows you to store items such as keys, cell phone, or others of importance to you.
- It features 4-wheel spring suspension, for the children’s comfort.
- It can be folded and stored without taking up too much space.
- It is equipped with linked rear parking brakes, adding up to parking security.
- The front seat can be reclined into three positions and the footrest is adjustable.
- Children will have protection from strong sun rays ensured, given the design of the canopy.
- Its universal car seat attachment will work with most of the available infant seats.
- A 5-point adjustable harness is attached to the front seat while a 3-point harness is available for the back seat.
What Could Be Considered a Drawback of the Stroller?
- Some will face problems with the folding system, but this is quite common with strollers though, especially when parents fold the carrier while trying to watch the kids at the same time. Try working on folding it when the kids are not agitated.
- If both kids are under the age of three, short strolls are recommended, since there is no possibility of carrying both an infant and a toddler who wants to sleep. The toddler will enjoy standing during the ride, but he will have to be taken home for sleeping.
When you have not just one kid, but two kids to take out around the park or at the mall at the same time and none is at the age when walking for a long time can be done, then a double stroller could be your savior. However, two kids might be heavy together, and then at least the stroller should be light.
That is why the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller can be just the right choice for you: its lightweight allows you to easily move it around when it’s folded and to easily steer it when strolling in the city. And considering all the other advantages we discussed here, we warmly recommend you to purchase the Joovy, as it will make your life as a parent a lot easier!